Calling it finished. I added more detail in the foreground, amongst the shrubberies, and glazed over the darker areas with some alizarin crimson. I tried to build up a simple foreground/mid-ground/background, but they’re not as distinct from each other as I would like. Have a look at the previous post for in progress photos. I welcome all the feedback :).
Lately I’ve been getting requests for landscape paintings, but they’re tough for me. Conveying distance and deep space isn’t easy. Time to practice. Here are some in-progress photos of my current attempt. It’s not yet finished; I’ll post the final version soon. -oil on canvas.